4 Reasons Why You Should Be Getting Solar Panels for Your Home
You are not alone. It is hard for business owners or even regular households to continue their work if there are power disruptions or fluctuations. The usual result could lead to unfinished work or services and can incur a serious inconvenience. So how do you deal with these kinds of issues? We might just have the right solution for you. Besides, you would not want to be losing because of the same problem, would you?
The Benefits of Solar Panels
Ever pondered whether the benefits of solar panel systems could exceed the costs?
Need some more convincing? Below are four reasons why you should be getting a solar panel for your residence or your business.
1. Install Solar Panels and Save thousands of dollars
The data on a new study showed that homeowners save an average of $44 to $187 per month in the first year of possessing alternative energy panels. That is like $528 to $2,244 every year! Eventually, your system could pay for itself within the next five years and carry on saving you money on your utility bills for many years to come. In some local businesses, the average savings even reaches more than $20,000 over two decades.
The interest in installing this alternative, sustainable source has been building since it was first introduced to the public. As a matter of fact, solar panel installations rose 70 percent in 2015 over the previous year; while costs have dropped 73 percent since 2006.
2. Invest in your home and business
The average solar power system uses 3,600 watts, which means you can anticipate an additional $4 in home resale value per watt. Considering that the cost per watt right now costs around $3, and is projected to rise some more in the future, solar energy will proceed to be a great investment for your home and business.
3. Lower your energy reliance
Generators can break down, fossil fuels can run out, and utility companies can disintegrate. The sun, on the other hand, is not going anywhere anytime soon. The sun gives off roughly 4 million tonnes of energy a second, and we only utilise 0.0001% of it. Our solar panels require only a little piece of that solar energy to power your home.
4. Help save the environment
A single solar system installation counteracts 178 tonnes of carbon dioxide over 30 years, which is equivalent to planting ten football fields full of trees. However, this may seem not much until you contrast it to the damaging global warming effects of our energy which is currently dependent on electricity produced by coal and oil. Solar panels utilise the energy that is already present and does not harm the environment.
Now you might ask yourself, “How do I get my hands on these?”
Lifestyle Trades provides services to all areas which are individually owned and operated and Windaroo, Qld is one of those. Check our elite handpicked tradies and give us a call so we can arrange a quote for your needs.
Start taking advantage of these solar power systems benefits today. To compute how much solar panels could save you, you can use a solar cost calculator. The calculator can show you what your 25-year return on investment could be, and even the installation’s break-even point.
Solar Panels – 3 Things You Need To Know
How to Get 2000 Kwh Per Month Using Solar Panels
You can calculate the size of the solar system and the number of necessary solar panels using a not so complicated algorithm. The numbers you have to put in the equation are your monthly electricity usage, the number of peak sun hours per day, and the power of a solar panel.
Calculating the solar system size for a 2000 kwh energy usage
To exemplify, let’s start by assuming you need a solar panel system that can generate 2000 kwh per month. From the beginning, you should know that 2000 kwh per month is a quite a lot of energy, and you would need an impressive solar system to provide it. Although we use this number just for the sake of the exemplification, in case you do consume 2000 kwh per month, our advice would be to take some energy reduction measures and to remain connected to the electricity grid, just in case the solar system cannot keep up with the demand.
Now, you have to find out for how many hours per day your system will be able to produce enough electricity for your needs. The panels produce energy only when the sun is up in the sky, and it shines directly on them. At night, the panels do not produce anything. In the morning and in the evenings, when the sun is weak, the energy production is also insufficient. Depending on the area where you live, there might be 4-6 hours of peak sunlight every day, when the system will produce the necessary electricity, and sometimes even more than you need.
If you want to have 2000 kwh per month, it means you have to produce 2000/30 kwh every day, that is 66.66 kwh per day. Considering there are 4 hours of peak sun every day in your area, the solar system will have to produce 66.66/4 = 16.66 kwh per hour, and that means 16660 in watts. Now, different types of panels produce more or less energy watts. If you opt for one that produces 150 watts, then you will need about 111 solar panels. Yes, that is a lot.
To approximate the necessary space for such a solar system, you have to know that, in order to generate 2000 kwh per month, you need a system of 24.8 kwp (kilowatt peak). Every 1 kwp needs about 100 s.f. of space.
It is, indeed, a large system, but if you want to save some money on bills, it is not necessary to build a system that provides all the energy you use. You can remain connected to the electricity grid, and build a system that supplies 30%, 40% or 50% of the energy you need, depending on your budget and available roof space.
Five Things to Be Aware Of Before Hiring Solar Panels Help
Go Solar With Home Solar Panels
Thousands of dollars can be saved each year by generating renewable and free energy. Home Solar panels can save a great deal of money with the down turn in economy. Sun is the only way to achieve thermal energy and this energy will cost you no amount at all. You can convert this energy to run the appliances rather than using the electrical energy that cost high in the monthly budget. These panels can be made in different sizes depending on the consumption of energy and requirements. Solar energy can be trapped and converted into a reliable source to run some of the domestic appliances which will reduce the consumption of electrical energy.
This process can be carried out with the help of various sun panels. These sun panels consist of many solar cells that act together with some semi-conductors. They create a huge area of p-n junction in diode. When sunlight or solar energy comes in contact with these solar cells it results in production of electrical energy. This energy is capable to run some equipment such as geyser, mixer, heater etc. This gives a drastic fall in monthly electricity bill.
Instead of purchasing expensive large Solar panels you can purchase DIY kits that are affordable and make less investment. If a person is efficient enough it is possible to assemble a kit by own, this gives even lesser investment. Keeping few basic tools handy will give a great help to fix the panel. Generally the kits include all the things that are needed for installation. The DIY kits has all the minute things such as screws, poles, bolts, solder, solder gun, meters, plywood and a manual book that consists all the instructions. These manuals are easy to understand and can be followed with ease.
90% expenses for the electricity can be saved with the installation of home solar panels. If you install multiple DIY sun panels you can completely go off the electrical grid. There is remarkable saving on the bill that can be noticed within the first week of installation. This gesture will be helpful for the ecosystem. Fixing a home solar panel is a great fun when done with great interest. You will not only enjoy doing it but you will be benefitted in many ways. You will also contribute to lessen the problem on global warming.
Once if it is decided to install the solar panel the first thing is to make research and know the best deals that are available. Many guides are available that requires very small investments. They include manuals that are written by the professionals and experts so that there are more benefits with panels. While ordering home solar panels you may need to confirm the package and the material included. It is possible that you may get more panels than required or it may be the small kit. It may differ than the one you ordered and paid for. Choose the company that is locally situated so that if there is any problem while installation concerned person can be contacted.
DIY vs. Professional Solar Panels
Solar Energy Advantages Disadvantages
Many of us know that solar energy is a good thing, but few really understand why. Therefore, I compiled a comprehensive list of solar energy advantages and disadvantages that will enable you to make an educated decision whether on not Solar Power is right for YOU.
Solar Energy Advantages
1. Saves you money
- After the initial investment has been recovered, the energy from the sun is practically FREE.
- The recovery/ payback period for this investment can be very short depending on how much electricity your household uses.
- Financial incentives are available form the government that will reduce your cost.
- If your system produce more energy than you use, your utility company can buy it from you, building up a credit on your account! This is called net metering.
- It will save you money on your electricity bill if you have one at all.
- Solar energy does not require any fuel.
- It’s not affected by the supply and demand of fuel and is therefore not subjected to the ever-increasing price of gasoline.
- The savings are immediate and for many years to come.
- The use of solar energy indirectly reduces health costs.
2. Environmentally friendly
- Solar Energy is clean, renewable (unlike gas, oil and coal) and sustainable, helping to protect our environment.
- It does not pollute our air by releasing carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxide, sulphur dioxide or mercury into the atmosphere like many traditional forms of electrical generations does.
- Therefore Solar Energy does not contribute to global warming, acid rain or smog.
- It actively contributes to the decrease of harmful green house gas emissions.
- It’s generated where it is needed.
- By not using any fuel, Solar Energy does not contribute to the cost and problems of the recovery and transportation of fuel or the storage of radioactive waste.
3. Independent/ semi-independent
- Solar Energy can be utilized to offset utility-supplied energy consumption. It does not only reduce your electricity bill, but will also continue to supply your home/ business with electricity in the event of a power outage.
- A Solar Energy system can operate entirely independent, not requiring a connection to a power or gas grid at all. Systems can therefore be installed in remote locations (like holiday log cabins), making it more practical and cost-effective than the supply of utility electricity to a new site.
- The use of Solar Energy reduces our dependence on foreign and/or centralized sources of energy, influenced by natural disasters or international events and so contributes to a sustainable future.
- Solar Energy supports local job and wealth creation, fuelling local economies.
4. Low/ no maintenance
- Solar Energy systems are virtually maintenance free and will last for decades.
- Once installed, there are no recurring costs.
- They operate silently, have no moving parts, do not release offensive smells and do not require you to add any fuel.
- More solar panels can easily be added in the future when your family’s needs grow.
Solar Energy Disadvantages
- The initial cost is the main disadvantage of installing a solar energy system, largely because of the high cost of the semi-conducting materials used in building one.
- The cost of solar energy is also high compared to non-renewable utility-supplied electricity. As energy shortages are becoming more common, solar energy is becoming more price-competitive.
- Solar panels require quite a large area for installation to achieve a good level of efficiency.
- The efficiency of the system also relies on the location of the sun, although this problem can be overcome with the installation of certain components.
- The production of solar energy is influenced by the presence of clouds or pollution in the air.
- Similarly, no solar energy will be produced during nighttime although a battery backup system and/or net metering will solve this problem. See http://www.dsireusa.org for details on how net metering allows you to save electricity and money.
- As far as solar powered cars go – their slower speed might not appeal to everyone caught up in today’s rat race.
To learn more about solar energy, go to http://facts-about-solar-energy.com/
You’ll discover …
- what solar energy is
- how solar energy works
- interesting facts about solar energy
- how much solar energy costs
- passive solar energy for homes, and
- how to build solar energy systems
There’s a whole section for students, teachers and parents; whiles homeowners can obtain FREE QUOTES for their solar energy projects. You’ll find book and product reviews some helpful energy saving tips.